The Crake Foundation, established by the late J.E.A. Crake, Josiah Wood Professor of Classics and Head of the Classics Department from 1946 to 1976 offers a grant to be used to enrich the educational opportunities for students of Classics at Mount Allison.
Terms and conditions
- The Classics Department Grant will be administered by the Head of the Classics Department following policies and procedures established by the University for funds of this type.
- The J.E.A. Crake Classics Department Grant is intended to enrich the educational opportunities for students studying Classics at Mount Allison, and may be used for the following:
- To purchase materials (books, etc.) for the R.P. Bell Library.
- To purchase library materials and/or equipment for the Crake Room, Hart Hall.
- To support student travel.
- To support special projects such as plays, exhibitions, visiting speakers.
- Those receiving a grant must be given a copy of the biographical information available at jeacrakefoundation.org/jea-crake-bio.
- The account for this grant may carry forward a balance equal to 15% of the value of the grant. Any funds in excess of that amount will be incorporated into the standard funding for the following year.
- The Department is required to acknowledge the J.E.A. Crake Foundation in any publications or other works (including art works, musical compositions, plays, conference presentations, lectures, etc.) arising from the award received. In addition the Foundation would appreciate being informed a week in advance of any public presentation/performance resulting from the award.
- The Provost will by May 20, provide the Foundation with the following information from the Head of the Classics Department and the Controller:
- A report on the items purchased and/or projects undertaken with the aid of this Grant.
- A statement from the Controller verifying that the funds in this account were spent in accordance with the terms and conditions stated, and the status of the account as of May 1.
- The Foundation will inform the University by June 30 of the amount funding that will be provided for the J.E.A. Crake Classics Department Grant for the academic year beginning July 1.
Value of the J.E.A. Crake Classics Department Grant: $3750.