Note: not for Mount Allison University grants.
Application for one-time Anglican Church and Community of Sackville grants
The J.E.A. Crake Foundation, established by the late Dr. J. Ernest A. Crake, Josiah Wood Professor of Classics at Mount Allison University, 1946–1976, continues and builds upon the charitable work done by Dr. Crake during his lifetime.
Areas of interest are education, particularly in the humanities in the Sackville area, and the Anglican Church, particularly in the Parish of Sackville.
Terms and conditions
- The Foundation does not wish to add to or to set up endowment funds.
- Grants to local branches of national organizations must be used on local projects.
- Normally, commitments for funding will be for one year only. Previously funded projects may be eligible for funding in subsequent years, but will be considered on a year-by-year basis.
- Funds are awarded only to organizations which are registered as charities under the Canadian Income Tax Act.
- 5. All grant decisions made by the J.E.A. Crake Foundation Board are final.
- The deadline for applications is November 20. Funding decisions are made by December 31.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Secretary, The Crake Foundation, Box 6304, Sackville, N.B. E4L 1G6.
- Applications must include a detailed description of the project and a complete budget which includes funding applied for or received from other sources. The total application must not exceed five pages. Material beyond the 5th page will not be considered.
- Please submit ten copies of the application.
- A receipt, which includes the CRA registration number must be provided to the Foundation by February 25.
- A report must be submitted to the Foundation by May 1 following the announcement of the grant. If the project is not completed, the grantee will provide an interim report by that date, and a final report at the completion of the project or by the following May 1 at the latest.
Application for Anglican Church and Community continuing grants
The Foundation maintains a number of ongoing grants to the Anglican Church and local Community charities of the type which Dr. Crake supported during his lifetime, continuing Dr. Crake’s personal philanthropy as well as supporting newer programs.
New continuing grants in the Community category must have an educational component.
The application procedure is the same as that for the one-time grants.