The Crake Foundation, established by the late J.E.A. Crake, Josiah Wood Professor of Classics and Head of the Classics Department at Mount Allison from 1946 to 1976, offers an award which will be made to a student who, in the opinion of the members of the Fine Arts Department, has made an outstanding contribution to the cultural life of the Mount Allison community through art-making.
Terms and conditions
- The Award is administered by the Head of the Fine Arts Department who will call for applications and convene an Adjudication Committee of the staff and faculty members of the Department.
- All graduating students are eligible to apply for the Award which is made at Convocation.
- Applicants will be assessed on the quality and variety of their art making during their time at Mount Allison. Consideration will also be given to academic achievement and to efforts made by the artist to practice his/her craft in the wider community.
- The Head of the Fine Arts Department will:
- inform the Financial Aid and Awards Counsellor (cc. to Development Office) of the name of the Award holder.
- provide the Financial Aid and Awards Counsellor with a letter to accompany the cheque to the Award recipient.
- The name of the Award recipient, and a brief justification for the choice.
- A statement from the Controller that the funds in this account were spent in accordance with the terms and conditions stated, and the status of the account as of May 1.
- A copy of the letter from the Department Head to the Award recipient.
The value of the J.E.A.Crake Award for Performance in Fine Arts: $1000.