The Crake Foundation, established by the late J.E.A. Crake, Josiah Wood Professor of Classics and Head of the Classics Department at Mount Allison from 1946 to 1976, offers funding for a concert at Mount Allison.
Terms and conditions
- The Performing Arts Committee will select and engage the performer(s) for each academic year.
- The grant will be spent on expenses associated with the performance designated as the J.E.A. Crake Concert.
- Appropriate reference will be made concerning Dr. Crake in promotional material and in the concert program.
- Unused funds will form part of the following year’s grant.
- The Development Office will, by May 20, provide the Foundation with the following information from the Chair of the Performing Arts Committee and the Controller:
- A brief report on the Concert for the year ending June 30.
- A statement from the Controller verifying that the funds in this account were spent in accordance with the stated terms and conditions stated, and the status of the account as of May 1.
- The Foundation will inform the University by January 1 of the level of support to be provided for the J.E.A. Crake Concert for the academic year beginning July 1.
Grant for the J.E.A Concert 2023–2024: $7000.